Sunday, November 21, 2010

Puka Plate Lunch, Now Open in Hawaii!

I'm really proud to announce that my family and a family friend have opened up a small restaurant named Puka Plate Lunch in Hawaii this week.  "Plate Lunch" is a local Hawaii dish which consists of a protein such as BBQ Chicken, Mahi Mahi Fish or Shrimp, scoops of rice and side salad.  The restaurant also serves other local favorites like Saimin (ramen with fish cake and spam) and Loco Moco (hamburger patty, sunny-side up eggs over rice and gravy) and a variety of comfort foods like Burgers, Sandwiches and Hot Dogs.  Family-runned and located in the lush Kalihi Valley across from Kalihi-Uka Elementary, Puka Plate Lunch is truly a neighborhood restaurant.  "Puka" which means "hole" in Hawaiian perfectly captures the hole-in-the-wall charm of the restaurant that's dedicated to serving quality local comfort foods.

I am sad that I could not be home for the Grand Opening this past Wednesday, but in exactly one month I get to eat all the foods that remind me of home!  Even from 5,000 miles away, I have been extremely close to the development of the restaurant name, logo, white papers and digital strategy.  You can say that Puka Plate Lunch is my first-born branding baby. 

For everyone who is in Hawaii, visit Puka Plate Lunch in Kalihi and "Like" us on Facebook!  Or check out the Full Menu, Catering Menu and Photos at PukaPlateLunch.com

Chicken Katsu Plate
My adorable siblings Zadrian & Zoe at Puka Plate Lunch

1 comment:

  1. Way to put your awesome skillz to good use by helping out the fam!

    ReplyDelete