Friday, March 6, 2009

Looks of Fall 2009 Fashion Week

So I've been bro-ing it out a little too much lately with Watchmen and hockey talk, so today's post is about FASHION (yay!).  Fashion week is my favorite time of year because you get to see crazy new looks and trends that designers hope will catch on.  I don't bother coveting ball gowns and couture pieces because when will I ever need one (or be able to afford one), so I tend to like realistic, ready-to-wear looks.  NY Mag's fashion section covers all the fashion shows, here are some of my favorite looks:

1. Temperley London - The "Olivia Palermo" 
The model's mid-part, tied back hair style and cold stare is definitely reminiscent of The City's Olivia Palermo, and that is why I love this look.... so put together but also edgy.  The show was themed 'Empress of the Orient'; however, I think its more rocker chic.  I love the signature London opaque black tights, studs around the ankles of the booties, cropped leather jacket and contrast the limey-yellow dress.  
2. Vivienne Westwood Red Label - The "Relaxed Prep"
This may be my favorite out of them all because it's casual and effortless.  First off, the red color is regal.  Second, I love the light blue lining of the cardigan and elastic waistband of the pants! Yes a look that's somewhat sporty.  
3. Gucci - The "Super Hero"
Somewhat Lady Gaga-esque, I like the geometric, draped sweater dress and black cuffs.  The entire look feels a little futuristic but also somewhat 80s.   
I like all these looks NOT because they're trendy, but because I can see myself wearing it and it reflects who I am.  I don't mean that I'm a Super-boyish-Olivia Palermo, but I may wear the first look out to a club, the second around campus and the third to dinner (at an art gallery?). 

My friend Marisa also rights about fashion, check out her blog Styleyze.

No comments:

Post a Comment