Thursday, March 5, 2009

Recession? We don't need money, we need the Apatow Gang.

Since June of last year, I've been answering ALL questions and life's miseries with the phrase: "We're in a recession!"  Somehow by admitting the recession, it's really not as horrible.  It works, next time your boss asks you why you were late for work, answer: "We're in a recession!"  Or, when the cashier asks 'would you like fries with that', just yell "We're in a recession!"

Now that it's clear we are in a recession (because I have reminded you for nine months), here is something that will cheer you up...
THE APATOW GANG (yummy).  

I love you, Man with Paul Rudd and Jason Segel comes out March 20, but I'm more excited for Funny People with Adam Sandler and Seth Rogen (two funny people I love) that comes out July 31.  

Director of Funny People Judd Apatow also directed two of my favorite movies The 40 Year-Old Virgin and Knocked Up.  The 40 Year-Old Virgin may have changed my life... it was refreshing to see humor without boundaries but also a cast that was so NORMAL and REAL.  They made sex jokes, racist jokes, bad jokes... It made me want to be their friend.

Apatow movies are like one frat party after another (Superbad, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Pineapple Express...) I WANT TO BE INVITED!  I am totally NOT a bro (okay maybe a little, that's only because I love ice hockey and beer), but there's no denying that the Apatow team has something special.  Something special that needs to be shared.

So check out the Funny People trailer below and laugh away all your recession woes.   

1 comment:

  1. Zeny, you are totally a bro. Also, I enjoy your background

    ReplyDelete